The Mendip Hills Fund is a partnership between the Mendip Hills AONB Partnership and the Somerset Community Foundation.
For APPLICATIONS or to make a DONATION please go to the Somerset Community Foundation web site, call 01749 344949 or text AONB72 £3 (or any amount up to £10) to 70070
Mendip Society – Tania’s Wood
Andy Mallender Project Development Officer – “I was visiting the Mendip Society, a recipient of a Mendip Hills Fund grant, helping them put up Mendip Hills Fund signs to acknowledge the grant.
Mendip Hills AONB and Mendip Society volunteers joined forces to clear scrub and overhanging vegetation from an area to create a clearing for a seating circle and firepit for use by Forest School groups.
2016 Grants Awarded
- The Mendip Society will be able improve their woodland in the Chew Valley.
- A nationally important archaeological dig is unearthing new discoveries in Ebbor Gorge needs to support their essential volunteers.
- A local archaeological project in Chewton Mendip is interpreting research so that the community will benefit.
- The Mendip Caving Group will be able to take younger groups caving thanks to improved facilities.
- In Charley’s Memory helps people and their families struggling with mental health problems, they will be able to bring more groups out to enjoy the Mendip Hills.
- Villagers in Stoke St. Michael will be able to have a wide variety of events all year round by buying two marquees.
2014/2015 Grants awarded via Somerset Community Foundation to:
East Harptree Village Shop, Windsor Hill Wood, Sedgemoor Conservation Volunteers, Somerset Wildlife Trust, Blagdonia and step in stone.