The Mendip Hills AONB Partnership
Partnership Committee Members
Cllr D Hill Somerset County Council – Chair
Cllr A Harley North Somerset Council – Vice Chair
Mrs S Murtagh Bath and NE Somerset Council Officer
Cllr L Richardson Bath and NE Somerset Council
Mr D Clark Mendip District Council Officer
Cllr R Forrest Mendip District Council
Ms K Spencer North Somerset Council Officer
Ms J Cooper Sedgemoor District Council Officer
Cllr D Davey Sedgemoor District Council
Mr P Clarke Somerset County Council Officer
Ms S Jackson Mendip Hills AONB Unit
VACANT Country Land and Business Association
Mr A Mayled National Trust
Mr J Small National Farmers Union
Ms N Brookes Natural England
Ms M Bowe / Ms J Gardiner Somerset Wildlife Trust / Avon Wildlife Trust
TBC West of England WREN/Community Council for Somerset
Mr R Curry B&NES Parishes Representative
TBC North Somerset Parishes Representative
Mr N Taylor Somerset Parishes Representative
Mr G Price Mendip Society/Council for the Protection of Rural England
The AONB Partnership provides effective long term management to keep the Mendip Hills AONB special.
Supported by its specialist staff team it:
• makes things happen, translating vision and national policy into local action.
• engages with local communities to foster their skills, knowledge and energy.
• provides value for money by securing additional funding, resources and project partners.
• uses innovative approaches to deliver real results through genuine collaboration.
• promotes sustainable rural growth, levering in a variety of income to protect and enhance the natural environment for the benefit of society and the economy.
Partnership Committee Terms of Reference (Final 2011) (PDF download 76KB)
Dates for 2013/2014
Friday 22nd November 2013
13th March 2014
A key item for the Partnership meetings is the Partnerships Annual Delivery Plan. Please see Partnership Documents.
The Partnership has working groups to advise and develop its work. Currently there is the Black Down Advisory Group.