Tourist Information Centres
- Bath Tourist Information Centre Bath Abbey Church Yard, Bath BA1 1LY Tel:0906 711 2000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mon-Sat 9.30am-5.30pm, Sun 10am-4pm
- Burnham On Sea TIC, South Esplanade, Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset, TA8 1BUTel: 01278 787852 Email: email@example.com Open every day 10am -2pm until 25th March and then 10am-4pm. Closed on Easter Sunday
- Cheddar Gorge, National Trust Shop, The Cliff, Cheddar BS27 3QE Tel: 01934 744689 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For opening hours please contact the shop.
- Frome TIC, The Library, Justice Lane, Frome, Somerset BA11 1BE Tel: 01373 465757 Email: email@example.com Open Mon-Fri 9.30am-5pm, Sat 9.30am-4pm
- Glastonbury TIC, High Street, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9DP Tel: 01458 832954 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Open Mon-Thurs 10am-4pm, Fri and Sat 10am-4.30pm
- Shepton Mallet TIC, 70 High Street, Shepton Mallet BA4 5AS Tel:01749 345258 Email: email@example.com Open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm and Sat 10am-1pm
- Street TIC, Clarks Village, Farm Road, Street, Somerset BA16 0BB Tel: 01458 447384 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Open Mon-Sat 10am-4pm and Sun 11am-4pm
- Taunton TIC, Library, Paul Street, Taunton, Somerset TA1 3XZ Tel: 01823 336344 Email: email@example.com Open Mon-Sat 9.30-4.30 closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Wells Visitor Information Service, Wells and Mendip Museum, 8 Cathedral Green, Wells, BA5 2UE Tel: 01749 671770 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Open Winter Mon-Sat 11am-4pm Summer Mon – Sat 10-5
Discover Somerset Churches (PDF download 2MB) – a leaflet produced by the Diocese of Bath and Wells highlighting a number of churches in the area. The Churches in the guide are normally open to the public.
Hawk and Owl Trust Spotters Guide PDF Download 340KB
(Funded by Mendip Hills AONB Sustainable Development Fund)
Please take care:
Dog fouling is a serious problem. Dog mess can contain one millionmicroscopic Toxocara Eggs. Toxocaris is highly infectious, especially to children and can also infect farm animals’.
Guide for Dog Owners (PDF download – 1MB) Published by Somerset County Council and available by telephoning 0845 345 9155
Ticks and Lyme’s Disease – Public Health England Guidance (PDF download – 300KB)
Public Health England (PHE) monitors changes in tick distributions and investigates the drivers for these changes.
Help them monitor ticks by participating in their nationwide surveillance via the Tick Recording Scheme where you can download a recording form to post with your tick specimens. You can send in any ticks you come across, which helps them to update their knowledge of British tick species, their spread across the country and detect unusual species.